Netiquette for posting content on digital platforms for the general public belonging to or managed by the Association des chiropraticiens du Québec (ACQ)
Communicating and interacting with the public through social media
The ACQ's digital and social platforms are specifically addressed to Québec residents, regardless of sex, race, religion, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Interactions take place in French, although English questions are answered in English.
We want you to share your views, realities and needs with us. Your contributions inform our practice, our approach and our relationships with you. In exchange, we will keep you informed and point you to the best practices and resources to help you enjoy your everyday activities, so that everyone can lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
NB: The ACQ's social media accounts are not platforms for consultations, complaints or personal and confidential requests. No chiropractic diagnosis shall be made by way of these accounts.
Comments posted by members of the general public on any of the ACQ's digital property reflect solely the views of their author and in no way represent the endorsement, opinions or agreement of the ACQ.
To obtain information for personal and confidential reasons, or to file a complaint or submit a request, you can reach us by phone at 1 866 292-4476 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's allowed? What's not?
- Always be respectful and courteous.
- You are free to incorporate links to chiropratique.com pages into your posts as much as you like. However, only one external website link is permitted per post. The ACQ is not liable for the content of external sites and reserves the right to delete links that do not comply with this policy or to deactivate external links.
- Be careful not to go off-topic or post the same content repeatedly.
- The ACQ's digital platforms are not anonymous and aliases are not permitted. Assuming someone else's identity to mislead or cause harm is a serious violation that will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion.
- Please respect other people's privacy and do not mention any private conversations or personal information, including telephone numbers or email addresses.
- Excessive use of bold, italics, underlining or capital letters (with the exception of acronyms) is prohibited.
- Personal content is welcome; however, commercial or promotional content is strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- Differing opinions and constructive debates are welcome in discussions and comments.
Nevertheless, the ACQ reserves the right to refuse and delete without prior notice comments including those of the following nature:
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, vulgar, violent, sexual or defamatory remarks, threats or harassment;
- Incitement of collective action;
- Offensive, disrespectful or contemptuous remarks toward an individual or organization;
- Content that constitutes a breach of copyright or privacy;
- Incomprehensible or irrelevant messages;
- Messages in a language other than English or French;
- Content that disrupts the normal flow of conversation.
- The ACQ reserves the right to remove any user who violates this policy more than once.
- The ACQ reserves the right to modify this policy at any time without prior notice.
Administration of the Facebook page, Twitter account and blogue.chiropratique.com
Content updates (new posts, comments, replies and conversations) by the ACQ team generally take place during regular business hours, that is, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Keep in mind that comments submitted on blogue.chiropratique.com have to be activated by the Association des chiropraticiens du Québec. Questions or comments posted outside of business hours or on holidays will be handled as quickly as possible.
Please be advised that the blogue.chiropratique.com chiropractor-contributors cannot and will not assess your condition online. An in-person examination by a chiropractic professional is required in order to gather all of the information needed to make a chiropractic diagnosis. If you have health concerns, speak visit to a member of the Association des chiropraticiens du Québec or, in case of an emergency, call 9 1 1.